»Sport has the power to change the world.«
Highlights Inclusion World Championship 2023
24. – 28. AUGUST 2022
- Inclusive sailing in the middle of the “Regiopole Rostock
- Patron: Minister for Social Affairs, Health and Sport Stefanie Drese
- Participants from at least 8 nations, 2 persons per boat – one with and one without handicap
- Who’s who of the inclusion and para-gel scene
- Lighthouse character: promoting inclusive sailing sustainably in Rostock and MV
The World Cup
- New format, tried and tested for three years: not Para, not sailing, but INCLUSION
- Inclusive teams: one person with and one person without a handicap
- Sailing on provided boats
- Organiser: Norddeutscher Regatta Verein in cooperation with World Sailing and the Rostocker Regatta Verein
- International Race Committee
- Professional communication & media relations
- Sport comes to the people: Watch, be inspired, imitate
- Partners: Hanseatic and University City of Rostock, German Sailing Association (DSV), Mecklenburg Vorpommern, State Sports Association MV, VBRS, Sailing Association MV, We are We -Inclusion in Sailing.
- Live recordings directly from the water, broadcasting via Sailtracs, professional sports moderation
- daily highlight films
- Press contact and cooperation on site , guided press trips, organised interviews, targeted placement of topics us sponsors
The S\V 14
- specially developed for inclusive sailing
- Racy lines of a state-of-the-art racer combined with sophisticated technology and the necessary ballast so that even people with a handicap can sail.
- fast hull with ergonomic, speed-promising lines with customisable superstructures such as bucket seats, bicycle handlebars, electric seat adjustment and and and.
- Safe and stable even in strong winds
RS Venture Connect
Sailing is an incredibly liberating experience. The award-winning RS Venture SCS makes that possible for almost everyone – and that means a lot to us. The RS Venture takes accessible boats to the next level, with simple, modular ways of adapting the boat to a variety of disabilities, right down to electronic inhale/exhale steering devices. Everything can be retrofitted on the same boat. This feature makes it possible for clubs, foundations and other organizations to run the parasailing program on a long-term basis. Costs and time can be saved, and in return even more sailors can be offered unforgettable experiences.
HANSEATIC CITY AND UNIVERSITY OF ROSTOCK
- Regiopole in the north – 210,000 inhabitants
- internationally engaged – in inclusion & sport
- approx. ¼ of the inhabitants are members of sports clubs
- Outstanding sailing area off Warnemünde
- Suitable infrastructure and experience with major events such as Warnemünde Week
Rostocker Regatta Verein e.V.
In 2023 the Inclusion World Championship will take place again in Rostock
August 23 – 27, 2023
»The Inclusion World Championship for Sailing sails ahead as a role model for inclusion in practice. Sporting events like this show that it is worth fighting for the rights of disabled people. Because sailing is one of the most inclusive sports there is. «
STEFANIE DRESE, Minister for Social Affairs, Health and Sport
»This third world championship in inclusive sailing shows that sailing is possible for everyone. Everyone can contribute their personal strengths to the team and the handicap is subordinate. Sailing together, getting to know each other and thus reducing each other’s insecurities and prejudices – that is inclusion! «
MONA KÜPPERS, President German Sailing Association
NORDDEUTSCHER REGATTA VEREIN
ONE OF THE OLDEST AND LARGEST SAILING CLUBS
The Norddeutsche Regatta Verein is one of the oldest and, with currently about 2,000 members, one of the largest German sailing clubs. Founded in 1868, it is dedicated to regattas and sailing and particularly promotes young sailors.
PIONEER IN INCLUSIVE SAILING
In 2019, the NRV launched a major inclusion offensive. In addition to the renovation of the clubhouse and the harbour, this includes, above all, inclusive sailing regattas. In 2019, the NRV hosted the World Championship in Inclusive Sailing for the first time.
REGATTA IS OUR DNA
The NRV is a co-organiser of Kiel Week, hosts the Helga Cup and is known for organising top-class regattas.
ROSTOCKER REGATTA VEREIN
The Rostock sailing clubs and the Hanseatic City of Rostock have jointly founded a regional umbrella organisation, the RVV. This means that there is a contact person in the Warnow area and the lake area off Warnemünde who pools the resources and contacts of the clubs and takes over the organisation from among them.
Together for a strong regatta organisation
Yachtclub Möhnesee e.V.
TRADITION AND AMBITION
The Yachtclub Möhnesee e.V. is the oldest and, with 500 members, the largest sailing club on the Möhnesee. In its 73-year history, the YCM has produced many good regatta sailors and participants in World and European Championships and the Olympic Games. Since 2019 we have been sailing in the 2nd German Sailing League.
AMBITIONS FOR INCLUSION
In 2019, the starting signal for more inclusion in the YCM was given. In addition to action days and training, this includes participation in the World Championships in Rostock 22. Our goal is to offer young people and adults with disabilities access to sailing.
INCLUSION THROUGH COOPERATION
We cannot achieve inclusion and participation on our own. The Möhnesee Yacht Club is therefore an active member of a committed network that has set itself the goal of enabling inclusive sailing in Germany.
- German Sailing Association -DSV
- Hanseatic and University City of Rostock
- State of Mecklenburg Vorpommern
- Mecklenburg-Vorpommern State Sports Association
- Norddeutscher Regatta Verein
- Heinz Kettler Foundation
- Rostock Regatta Association
- Sailing Association Mecklenburg-Vorpommern e.V.
- Association for Sports for the Disabled and Rehabilitation M-V
- We are We – Inclusion in Sailing
- World Sailing
Ideal Partners and organizations
Partners for the supporting program
Repair and Technical Team
The Inclusion World Championship for Sailing attracts prominent sailors from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Lennard Burke, a native of Stralsund, Mini Transat sailor,
- Jens Kroker, three-time Paralympics medal winner (1 x gold, 2 x silver), 3-time World Champion, 6 further World Championship podium places
- Siggi Mainka, two-time Paralympics medallist ( 1x gold, 1x silver), world champion, 2 x world championship bronze medallist
- Silke Basedow, three-time winner of Helga Cup
- Heiko Kröger, two-time Paralympics medallist (1x gold, 1x silver), 12-time world champion, 8 further world championship podium places & first world champion of the Inclusion World Championship for Sailing
- Clemens Kraus, World Champion of the Inclusion World Championship for Sailing, multiple World Championship medallist (1x silver, 1x bronze)